Jonathan has significant specialised experience of civil fraud and criminal defence he has been instructed as leading counsel in numerous cases as well as having conducted cases in many different areas of law, more recently having been instructed in a substantial banking claim.
Jonathan has appeared in foreign jurisdictions, having been called to the Caymanian Bar to conduct specific cases, he has appeared in most courts, including the Supreme Court, Privy Council, Court of Appeal, High Court both in the UK and abroad, additionally he has presented cases on behalf of the Nursing and Midwifery Council and have trained fellow barristers on current regulatory practice.
Areas of expertise include: civil fraud; restraint proceedings; extradition; regulatory and disciplinary matters; crime and local authority prosecutions including trading standards.
- Conducting a a £30m civil fraud action
- Defending claim for £250,000 arising out of claim repayment of director’s loan [on going];
- Director’s disqualification, including drafting a detailed affidavit on behalf of the director;
- Managing insolvency issues, including attending with a director for a compulsory interview with a director of a failed business;
- Setting aside statutory demands served by the administrators;
- Freezing Orders;
- Liaising with BiS and administrators of failed hotel group;
- Successfully pursuing D and O insurance, obtaining the cover that had been previously declined on basis of a failure to disclose a COP 9 HMRC investigation.
- Attending chancery masters appointments;
- Drafting applications for defendant’s summary judgment;
- Drafting/ preparing for a detailed costs assessment.
Fraud Lawyers Association
Association Regulatory and disciplinary lawyers
South Eastern Circuit
Criminal Bar Association