Raoul has a broad based dispute resolution practice and significant experience of complex commercial civil litigation, white collar crime, and internal investigations, each regularly containing multi-jurisdictional elements.
He was called to the bar following nearly six years of practice at the London Office of a major US Law Firm where he qualified as a solicitor advocate.
Raoul’s civil litigation work has commonly included contractual disputes, matters arising from fraud, and the implementation of international asset recovery strategies. He has experience of ADR (including several detailed commercial settlements), arbitration, and the Chancery and Commercial Courts.
His white collar crime and investigative work has often involved high profile and sensitive matters. Highlights to date have included the Serious Fraud Office v. ICBC Standard Bank Plc UK Bribery Act matter, which culminated in the UK’s first ever Deferred Prosecution Agreement (“DPA”), as well as working for the joint administrators in respect of the collapse of British Homes Stores (“BHS”)). Since July 2017 he has been assisting the Serious Fraud Office with a major high profile investigation.
Raoul has advised companies and individuals both personally and as part of a team on a wide range of issues. He accepts instructions across a broad range of practice areas and is developing a Regulatory practice.
Raoul’s recent instructions include: (i) representations at the interim order, substantive hearing and substantive order review stages for the Nurses and Midwifery Council, (ii) representations in the High Court, Crown Court and County Court, (iii) the role of sole LPP counsel on a high profile matter for the Serious Fraud Office, (iv) assisting the Government Legal Department on a commercial dispute involving alleged violations of the European Convention of Human Rights, (v) a three month secondment to the Pension Protection Fund.
Significant and Reported Cases
- Currently assisting the SFO with a major high profile investigation
- British Home Stores (in administration)
- Serious Fraud Office v. ICBC Standard Bank Plc Case No: U20150854
- Khalili Familenstiftung v. Dowlatshahi  EWHC 220 (Comm)
- Familienstiftung v. Dowlatshahi  EWHC 1247 (Comm)
- Sibir Energy Limited v Slocom Trading Ltd  EWHC 3464 (Ch)
- BA Hons, Philosophy and Theology, Hatfield College, Durham
- Graduate Diploma Law (BPP)
- Accelerated Legal Practice Course (BPP)
- Civil Higher Rights of Audience (COL)