Richard is a QC, and CMC Registered Mediator. He brings to mediation considerable experience in litigating commercial, entertainment and media, defamation, professional negligence, property and construction, and other disputes.
He offers a relaxed, realistic, sensible and informed approach to the mediation of all types of disputes. He is one of the most experienced barrister mediators recognised by the Bar Council. Richard mediates throughout the country. Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners have commented:
He “is a ‘big character’, who brings a broad ‘range of skills to bear’. Described by one client as ‘brilliant at absorbing the negative stuff, and extracting constructive proposals.’ He has a ‘great mind’ which enables him to see through what others might have missed”. Legal 500.
“As a highly experienced member of the Bar, Richard Price OBE, QC brings a great deal of experience to the mediation table, and is one of the most experienced barrister mediators recognised and listed by the Bar Council. He is experienced in the areas of civil fraud claims, banking disputes and various commercial disputes, but also undertakes work across a broad spectrum of practice areas.” Chambers & Partners.
He has acted as a trainer mediator for the Bar Council ADR Sub-Committee. He has conducted seminars on mediation awareness training for solicitors and diplomats in London, Leeds, Newcastle, Birmingham, and Cambridge, and for foreign lawyers in Hungary and France. As well as acting as a mediator, he appears as counsel at various mediations, and advises as to the suitability of disputes for mediation.
AREAS OF MEDIATION EXPERIENCE
Richard has recent experience of mediating disputes in the following areas:
The following are examples of feedback from solicitors following mediations that Richard has conducted:
- “First class.”
- “Very professional. Handled what was a very difficult dispute with numerous parties very well.”
- “I was impressed with Richard Price QC’s handling of the mediation, in particular the parties involved…The successful resolution was very much brought about by the mediator.”
- “Excellent. Extremely constructive in reaching a settlement.”
- “I should like to express my appreciation for your considerable expertise and effective management skills employed during the mediation.”
- “Very measured and assured. Good tone and pitch”
- “Very efficient and professional. Friendly though firm.”
- “Richard Price QC was obviously well prepared, and had taken in the detail of the papers.”
- “Very positive”
- “Good settlement achieved. Good manner. Pursued the right issues.”
- “Very good. Excellent style and very user-friendly.”
- “Very good. I did not have huge hopes of a settlement being achieved before we started, yet Mr Price managed to get the parties to reach one.”
- “Excellent. I was very impressed with Richard Price Q.C.”
- “Excellent; calm, assured and authoritative; a very pleasant manner”
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITIONS
- Appointed QC – 1996
- Accredited CEDR mediator – 1997
- Appointed Recorder (civil) – 2004
- Master of the Bench of Gray’s Inn – 2002
- Civil Mediation Council Registered Mediator
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators