Rupert worked in sports media before being called to the bar and completing a commercial and planning pupillage.
Rupert has a broad commercial and public law practice with a particular expertise in all aspects of sports and media law. He has extensive experience of appearing in courts and tribunals in London and nationwide, including high value complex claims.
Rupert’s clients include regulatory bodies, sports clubs and agencies, sportsmen and women, national insurance companies, local authorities, FTSE listed companies, company directors, auctioneers and professionals.
He accepts instructions across a wide range of Chambers’ work in both an advisory and advocacy capacity.
- Co-author of the Halsbury Centenary Essay ‘The Field of Play’ (Butterworths, 2007).
- Contributor to the New Oxford Companion to Law (Oxford, 2008) on the subjects of combat and blood sports.
- Co-author of Halsbury’s Laws of England volume on Sports (Butterworths, 2012).
- Co-author of Sports Law by Beloff, Kerr and Demetriou (2nd Edition) (Hart Publishing, 2012) and forthcoming 3rd Edition.
- Contributor to Supperstone, Goudie and Walker: Judicial Review (LexisNexis, 2014).
- Co-author of Atkins Court Forms volume on Sports (Lexis Nexis, 2013).
- “How WADA laboratories receive accreditation” (LawinSport, 2016).
MA (History), Christ Church, Oxford
PgDL (EU Law), Kings College, London