Past work includes
• Acting in the first reported case on combined authorities: R (on the application of
Derbyshire CC) v Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield Combined
Authority  EWHC 3355 (Admin).
• Advising and acting in election proceedings.
• Advising on a public authority’s obligations in a procurement dispute.
• Acting for a public authority in a dispute concerning data protection and related damages.
• Advising on parliamentary privilege and the drafting of legislation.
• Acting in professional regulatory proceedings and professional negligence proceedings.
• Advising and acting for public authorities and private individuals at inquests.
• Representing a local authority employee in a dispute regarding an admission under the Mental Health Act 1983.
• Working in-house for the House of Commons’ Office of Speaker’s Counsel and assisting the European Scrutiny Committee.
• Civil fraud
• Landlord and tenant
Past work includes:
• Acting for an appellant in an application to the Court of Appeal in a long-running dispute regarding breach of contract and agency.
• Acting in an application for a freezing order in a long-running commercial and property dispute.
• Advised on privilege in a £multi-million claim for breach of contract against a local authority.
• Led junior in a $multi-million international arbitration regarding a contractual dispute.
• Advising on the drafting of a £multi-million contract for electrical services.
• Acting for a group of companies in a claim regarding restitution, breach of contract and professional negligence.
• Acting for an insurer in a claim to set aside settlement agreements after fraudulent misrepresentation was suspected on behalf of a large number of
• Acting for a landlord in a dispute regarding the agency of an estate agent.
• Acting for an insurer in a dispute regarding the agency of a ‘ghost broker’.
• Acting for the director of a company with a £multi-million turnover in a successful application to dismiss a bankruptcy petition.
• Advising a government department on liability under a high value lease.
• Advising on insurance liability following property damage caused by a fire on adjoining land.