4-5 Gray’s Inn Square is delighted to invite you to attend a seminar on the topic of The Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court with Jane Lambert.
What will the seminar cover?
1. What is the Unitary Patent?
• “A unitary patent is a European patent granted for the UK and 24 other member
states of the EU as though those states were a single country”
• What is a “European patent”?
• Why is the unitary patent granted for some but not all all the member states of the
• REGULATION (EU) No 1257/2012 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF
THE COUNCIL of 17 December 2012 implementing enhanced cooperation in the
area of the creation of unitary patent protection
• COUNCIL REGULATION (EU) No 1260/2012 of 17 December 2012 implementing
• enhanced cooperation in the area of the creation of unitary patent protection with
• regard to the applicable translation arrangements
2. What is the Unified Patent Court?
• The Unified Patent Court is a single court for the resolution of unitary and other
• European patent disputes
• Agreement on a Unified Patent Court
• Structure and location of court
• Court of Appeal
• Court of First Instance
• Central Divisions
• Regional and Local Divisions
• Rules of Procedure
3. Advantages and disadvantages of the Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court
4. Issuing proceedings in the Unified Patent Court
5. When will the first case be heard?
6. How our chambers can assist you.
Date: Thursday 4th February 2016
Drinks & Networking: 6.00pm onwards
For further information and to reserve your place, please contact Steven Newbery on +44 (0)20 7404 5252 or email email@example.com
Spaces are limited so please reserve your place early.